It is advisable to order slightly more than what you feel may be required to complete a job. If you do run short, always state the shade number when reordering, to avoid disappointment.
Paper mount advantages:
- Where glass mosaics are transparent, there is no mesh below to spoil the look.
- Paper is the preferred method where a larger surface of adhesion is required, as in the case of swimming pools.
Paper mount disadvantage:
The application needs more care and takes longer to fix than mesh mounted mosaics as there is one more process involved. [see accompanying picture].
Mesh mount advantage:
Quicker and easier to install.
- Crystal glass may be used on splash-backs behind stoves/ hot areas.
- 8mm crystal glass is far more vibrant than 4mm crystal glass as it refracts more light, giving it greater appeal.
- All of our crystal glass mosaics may be used successfully in swimming pools, however they should not be used on wet floor areas unless first sandblasted. The correct type of adhesive and grout should be used in all of these applications. Please consult with your preferred supplier beforehand.
- Always use a rubber squeegee or chamois leather for grouting.